Presented by Anne Aden & Stella Koch, Reiki Master Teachers
The healing system of Reiki was rediscovered and further developed in the early 1900s by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Doctor Usui was a well- known and respected healer in Kyoto and Tokyo. He was well versed in Japanese and Chinese healing methods and also trained in medicine by western physicians-missionaries. A Japanese Zen monk Seiji Takamori further developed the concept of Reiki Jin Kei Do. Although the healing art of Reiki originated from Dr. Usui, the philosophy and training methods as practiced in the lineage of Seiji Takamori is different than that of Hawayo Takata who initially introduced Reiki to the United States.
Reiki is well known for helping to reduce pain and promote recovery from injuries, illness, disease, and depression. Reiki can also help to maintain a state of inner balance and wellness on all levels of the mind, body, spirit, and emotions. It compliments all traditional and complimentary healing methods.
Reiki Jin Kei Do is the practice of Reiki that integrates the following into our life:
- Meditation and the development of inner wisdom
- Healing with compassion
- Integration of healing and meditation in our daily lives
The First Degree training will consist of:
- Historic evolution of Reiki
- Receiving 4 energy attunements that allow a person to channel Reiki energy
- Training in self-treatment of the body and chakras
- Learning seated treatment for treating the body and chakras of others
- Six-point awareness meditation which trains the mind to focus
Class tuition is $250 with pre-registration of $75 required. Class restricted to 14 students. Retake the course for $75.
For more information, please contact Stella Koch at SMKoch@aol.com or call 703-628-6983.